What Is The Easiest Way To Deter Crickets In The Woodlands
The sounds of crickets are synonymous with summer. And while their chirping may be part of the backdrop for this time of year, crickets can sometimes become more of an issue when they live in high populations on a property or make their way inside a home.
However, you can take the worry away! You can read all about crickets here and how pest control in The Woodlands is the best option for this pest.
Signs Of Cricket Infestations
With how noisy crickets are, you might wonder why you need to know any other signs of a cricket infestation. Although this is one of the significant indications of a problem, it's easy for most people to become accustomed to the sounds of crickets, and you might not realize how bad the infestation has become. Still, signs like chew marks on fabrics or droppings (tiny black pellets) or seeing crickets may be even more critical indicators of a severe infestation.
The Reasons Why Crickets Chirp All Night
The cricket sounds, or chirping, you hear is the sound that the male crickets make when they rub their wings together, which they do to attract females. You will primarily hear cricket sounds at night because they are nocturnal insects, so they sleep during the day and are active at night. Being nocturnal helps them hide from most of their natural predators that are active during the day.
Ways To Deter Crickets Easily In The Woodlands
Whether you have a cricket problem inside your home or just in your yard, you can implement these prevention steps to make your property less conducive to deterring this pest:
- Regularly mow your lawn, trim trees and bushes, and clean up organic debris like leaves and grass clippings.
- Ensure gutters are not clogged, maintain proper ventilation inside your home, and address any leaks.
- Inspect your home's exterior for cracks in the foundation, gaps around windows and doors, missing or damaged screens, and other possible entry points that need repair.
- Switch exterior lights to yellow bulbs instead of white and keep them turned off at night as much as possible.
- Keep your home clean and organized to eliminate possible hiding places and make it easier to control the factors that attract this pest.
- Vacuum regularly to remove any cricket eggs that may be in your home.
Crickets, like other insects, can be carried in accidentally on packages, potted plants, or other items, so be sure to inspect them before bringing them inside.
While these tips are a good start toward prevention, they won't do much against an active infestation. It would be best to consider the benefits of working with area pest professionals.
The Best Way To Keep Crickets Out Of Your Home Forever
The most effective way to get rid of crickets is with the help of pest experts like Modern Pest Control. One of our home pest control service options should fit your home's pest pressures and needs.
Our three residential plans are the Modern Plus Service, Signature Service, and Signature Plus Service. These plans provide cricket coverage through quarterly visits with our highly trained pest technicians. You will receive the necessary treatments that provide a home free of crickets and other pests by working with us.
Reach out to Modern Pest Control to learn more about how we can assist with your cricket control needs in The Woodlands.