Spiders are one of the pests we deal with the most here in the Houston area. Although they show themselves regularly to homeowners, they are oftentimes hidden in cracks, voids, or in piles of debris during the day when the technician arrives. This can make eradicating them extremely difficult. However, all hope is not lost. We can drastically reduce the spider population around your home or office with our tried and true practice of:
- Identifying and addressing spider entry points
- Harborage elimination
- Food reduction
- Web removal (Up to 12’ on the exterior)
- Contact treatment
However, there are a few factors that should be considered. Your technician may make recommendations such as, power washing the exterior surface of the building, deep cleaning and vacuuming of certain areas, removing clutter, and recommending adjustments to outdoor lighting as well as other things. By working together, we can keep the spider population at an acceptable level.
With a focus on customer satisfaction, we boast over 1000 5-star Google reviews, offer free inspections, maintain consistency by assigning the same technician whenever possible, and provide flexible scheduling options, ensuring an easy and customer-friendly service experience.
We actively participate in national and Texas pest control associations and are accredited by Quality Pro demonstrating our commitment to industry standards, professionalism, and food safety.
Dedicated to community welfare for over 70 years, our third-generation family-owned business actively engages in philanthropy and community service, fostering a sense of responsibility beyond pest control.
Providing sustainable and eco-friendly pest control solutions, prioritizing integrated pest management practices to ensure effective results with minimal environmental impact.
Spider Prevention Tips
Here are some helpful things to do to make the treatments more effective against spiders:
- Routine, thorough house cleaning is the best way to eliminate spiders and discourage their return. A vacuum cleaner or broom effectively removes spiders, webs, and egg sacs.
- Spiders prefer quiet, undisturbed areas such as closets, garages, basements, and attics. Reducing clutter in these areas makes them less attractive to spiders.
- Large numbers of spiders often congregate outdoors around the perimeter of structures. Migration indoors can be reduced by moving firewood, building materials, and debris away from the foundation. Shrubs, vines, and tree limbs should be clipped back from the side of the building.
- Install tight-fitting window screens and door sweeps to exclude spiders and other insects. Inspect and clean behind outdoor window shutters.
- Consider installing yellow or sodium vapor light bulbs at outside entrances. These lights are less attractive than incandescent bulbs to night-flying insects which, in turn, attract spiders
When it comes to spider reduction, we have to be patient. There is no silver bullet that will eradicate spiders immediately. Regular treatments and inspection will help eliminate food and shelter for the spiders making your home or office unwelcoming to them.
"Great Work!"I am really happy with this company and their service. They do get the job done and are nice.- Stela D.
"Always 5-Star Service!"We have used Modern Pest for the last four years. Our technician, Donnie, offers phenomenal service!- Lesley L.
"Great Customer Service"I want to give a shout-out to both Michelle, who works in the office, and Alex Guzman, an onsite technician, both were AWESOME!!- Cindy G.
"Friendly and Helpful"This is my second time using their service and thoroughly satisfied with the entire process.- Devina P.
"Highly Recommend!"They are always on time and answer any questions you have!- Sayler E.
"Professional and Efficient"I have used Modern Pest Control for many years. They have always been professional and they get results.- Stephen B.
"Long-Time Customer"We have used Modern Pest Control for many years with good results. Other relatives, as well, for over several decades with similar results.- Ken A.
"Happy Customer!"I have had the rodent exclusion service from Modern Pest Control for over 3 years. They are always professional and responsive.- Andre G.
Modern Pest Control is excited to launch our Membership Referral Program! Refer a friend, family member, or neighbor for our Modern Plus, Signature, or Signature Plus service packages, and when they sign up and complete their first service, you'll receive a $25 gift card as our way of saying thanks. Whether it's addressing a current infestation or putting preventive measures in place, we're your go-to for effective pest control. By recommending us, you not only benefit personally but also contribute to creating a pest-free community. Don't miss out—recommend Modern Pest Control today!