The Trick To Getting Rid Of Roaches In Your Katy Home
Cockroaches date back over 200 million years ago, making them one of the oldest and most formidable pests around. They are one of the most primitive living insects we know of, and they can survive in all different conditions. These resilient pests don’t seem to be going anywhere anytime soon, and the truth is, Katy homes have exposure to roach infestations.
The best way to protect your home from cockroach infestation is to secure professional pest control in Katy. Expert pest solutions are the only way to guarantee the year-round coverage you deserve. Why is cockroach control so important?
Well, cockroaches are one of the more unsanitary pests out there, and they can cause a great deal of contamination. To help you better understand cockroaches and how to identify them, here are some more facts to know about roaches:
- There are over 4,000 species of cockroaches around the world.
- Their bodies are broad, with flattened abdomens and six long longs.
- The color of cockroaches ranges from reddish brown to dark brown.
- They have distinctive features, including two large eyes, two ocelli, and two long antennae.
- Their head is small in size, and a hard exterior covers it for protection.
- Their mouths face down and backward.
- They are about as large as a thumbnail, sometimes bigger.
- Their appearances may differ slightly depending on the species.
- Some cockroaches have wings, and some have distinguished markings down their back.
- They are mostly outdoor scavengers with a tendency to live in areas with wet, decaying matter.
- They prefer cool, damp areas and usually live at or below ground level.
- They’re often found in sewers, drains, dumps, mulch, flower beds, and underneath piles of leaves.
Katy homes draw in cockroaches for a variety of reasons. Some of the factors that tend to bring them around include excess moisture and humidity, harborage areas, sources of shelter, and sources of food. When they find their way inside, they often hang out in moisture-rich areas like the basement, crawl spaces, bathrooms, kitchens, and laundry rooms. Read on to learn more about how to detect roaches around your Katy home.
Clear Signs You Have A Roach Problem In Your Home
When it comes to cockroach infestation, it’s important to be aware of any indications so that you can address the problem as soon as possible. The sooner you detect any roach activity, the sooner you can deal with the situation and reduce the scope of the infestation. The good news is there are some clear signs you have a roach problem in your home.
If cockroaches are in your home, you may spot egg casings, carcasses, and droppings in active areas. They leave excrement and saliva and feces wherever they roam. These insects shed parts of their body that they discard as they progress through their life cycle. Additionally, cockroaches create a sort of musky odor throughout active areas. It’s an unpleasant smell that’s hard to miss. Noticing these signs is usually indicative of a larger cockroach infestation.
However, even if you don’t spot any signs, it doesn’t necessarily mean you’re in the clear. You should still do everything you can to be proactive in order to minimize your exposure to a roach infestation.
If you suspect cockroach activity in your Katy home, the best thing to do is get professional pest control from a team of experienced experts. That’s where we come in. Modern Pest Control provides comprehensive cockroach control and prevention services that protect your property throughout the year. To understand the dangers of a cockroach infestation, read on.
Cockroaches Trigger Allergies And Spread Disease
Cockroaches are very threatening pests. Though they’re small in size, they can have big consequences for your home and those inside of it. Cockroaches trigger allergies and spread disease, and they pose a serious threat when it comes to sanitation and public health.
As we mentioned earlier, they are one of the most unsanitary pests around. They crawl around in filth, travel through sewage, and feed on decaying matter. Since they eat garbage and decay, they pick up bacteria and pathogens, which then contaminate your space. These pathogens are spread all around the premises when they infest our property.
The widespread contamination can happen without you even knowing it, exposing you and your loved ones to a long list of diseases. Here are some of the common adverse health consequences of a cockroach infestation:
- E.coli infection
- Typhoid fever
These health conditions are serious, and because of that, it’s essential to address your cockroach control and prevention needs. Call Modern Pest Control today for a thorough inspection of your property, where we will identify all problem areas and entry points. Along with our initial services, we offer regular maintenance services that are guaranteed to protect you from experiencing infestation again.
Why It Is So Hard To Get Rid Of Roaches On Your Own
Cockroach infestation is a huge nightmare that every homeowner should avoid. When an infestation of cockroaches does occur in Katy homes, it can be tough for homeowners to manage.
These unwelcome intruders can be pretty sneaky about gaining entry into our homes. They fit into the tiniest openings, finding their way inside through cracks and crevices in the foundation and exterior walls. They also squeeze through small spaces under doors and around windows, vents, and torn screens. It’s almost impossible to determine every point of entry.
Something else to consider is that cockroaches reproduce at a quick rate. The quickly growing population makes it even harder to control an infestation from getting out of control. Not only that, but because they can survive in the direst conditions, they are extremely hard to destroy and keep out of your home.
Homeowners often contribute to their roach problems without even knowing it. Often, cockroaches are brought inside on deliveries, used furniture, cardboard boxes, potted plants, and appliances. Many sources may contribute to cockroach activity, and one person can’t stay on top of it all.
Even though dealing with cockroaches isn’t easy, it’s still a great idea to be proactive in your roach control efforts. If you want to play a part in protecting your property from these unsanitary pests, there are some useful preventative tips to keep in mind. Consider the following efforts to assist you in your cockroach control and prevention efforts around your Katy home:
- Address any moisture issues around the house, like fixing leaky pipes, faucets, and downspouts.
- Apply weather stripping around windows and doors, repair damaged screens, and install door sweeps.
- Eliminate easy access to food sources, and avoid leaving any food out, pet food included.
- Inspect all items before allowing them inside and exposing the rest of the house to potential cockroach infestation.
- Install dehumidifiers in humid areas and utilize vent fans and other methods to reduce excess moisture.
- Keep your food in properly stored air-tight containers and your trash outside in sealed bins.
- Keep your property as clean as possible by eliminating any clutter around the house.
- Maintain clean household appliances and wipe up messes and spills as promptly as possible.
- Seal entry points in the foundation, exterior walls, space under doors, around windows, vents, and torn screens.
- Seal spaces around wires, cables, pipes, and other utilities that enter from the outdoors.
- Sweep beneath the stove and fridge and vacuum the floors on a regular basis.
Staying on top of conducive conditions around your home can go a long way in controlling the roach population throughout your Katy property. While all of these preventative tips can be extremely helpful in deterring cockroach activity, none of them are 100% effective on their own. The bottom line is it can be hard to get rid of roaches on your own, and the good news is you don’t have to.
Call The Professionals For Total Cockroach Elimination For Your Home
While preventative efforts can greatly impact keeping cockroaches off your property, none of them are as reliable as help from the pest professionals. Our best advice is to call the professionals for total cockroach elimination in your home.
Contact the team at Modern Pest Control today if you currently detect signs of cockroach activity or want to be proactive in securing year-round protection. We provide lasting results you can count on and have experience providing comprehensive household cockroach control and prevention services.
Since 1952, our independently owned and operated company has remained committed to efficient and effective pest solutions that bring our valued customers the protection they deserve. The team of pest experts at Modern Pest Control uses advanced pest control methods and dependable I.P.M. (Integrated Pest Management) strategies to bring you the latest and greatest in Texas pest control. Our cockroach control process includes the following steps:
- Our process starts with a thorough walk-through of the property’s interior and exterior.
- We conduct an in-depth inspection to determine areas where pests are active as well as any conducive conditions and potential entry points around your property.
- We look for any areas with water buildup, old food and garbage sources, or anything that may be attracting cockroaches to your property.
- After we inspect the premises and detect the scope of the infestation, we develop a customized treatment strategy to effectively tackle your cockroach problems from the inside out.
- Our cockroach treatments are customized to meet the needs of the individual customer.
- Depending on your specific property and the level of cockroach infestation in their home, we strategize to meet your needs.
- Our team of expert pest technicians will treat your property to completely eliminate cockroach activity, conducive conditions, and entry points.
- After we treat your property from top to bottom to effectively address your household infestation, we return for re-services to ensure that things stay pest-free throughout the year.
- We offer ongoing cockroach control services to keep your home protected from infestation on a continued basis.
Throughout the entire process, we work hard to bring you an unparalleled level of customer satisfaction. We develop our treatments to cater to your needs, whatever they are. Our services are proven to last, and we always stand by the work that we do.
In addition to household cockroach control, we also provide reliable roach solutions from all kinds of commercial facilities. Some of the businesses we’ve worked with include multi-unit housing, restaurants, hotels and commercial lodging, food processing facilities, office building and management properties, healthcare facilities, retail stores, daycares, schools, and supermarkets.
There are a variety of reasons why Modern Pest Control is the best source for Katy cockroach control solutions. Here are just some of the things that make our team your go-to option for reliable roach coverage:
- We have over 65 years of industry experience, and as a Quality Pro Service provider, we bring a high level of professionalism and expertise to every job we do.
- The Texas Department of Agriculture licenses us, and all of our pest management professionals undergo rigorous training so we can provide you with the very best.
- Professionals from Food Industry Sanitation Auditors (FISA) and the American Institute of Baking (AIB) train our staff, giving us a high level of expertise for pest issues in food handling facilities.
- Our team works alongside organizations such as BOMA (Building Owners and Managers Association), the Greater Houston Restaurant Association, and the U.S. Green Building Council.
From start to finish, we dedicate ourselves to complete customer satisfaction for every job we do. Our philosophy is to deliver prompt, personalized pest control using the latest pest control strategies and methods.
Get in touch with us today to discuss your cockroach control and prevention needs, and we will set up your initial inspection as soon as possible. We look forward to hearing from you.